Qatar is recognized as a leader in the early detection of hearing weakness and loss due to the establishment in 2003 of the National Center for Early Detection of Hearing Loss
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Audiology Technician to join this team, here in Doha, Qatar.
The department offers a broad range of services carried out by a highly qualified team of physicians, surgeons, nurses and allied health professionals spanning a number of specialties including
- National Program for Early Detection of Hearing Loss
- General Audiology Clinic (Pediatric and Adult) for diagnosis and management
- Tinnitus Clinic
- Hearing Aid Fitting and Programming + Ear mold laboratory Services
- Cochlear Implant selection, fitting, mapping and counselling clinic
- Ototoxicity Clinic
- Geriatric Clinic
- Auditory Verbal Therapy Clinics
- Vestibular and Balance Testing laboratory clinic and Rehabilitation
- Hearing screening for pre-school children
For this role it is essential that you have
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Audiology field plus Diploma in Clinical Audiology.
- 1 year experience those who holds Bachelor’s degree in Clinical & Speech Language Pathology.
You will perform routine procedures to assist in the testing and diagnosis of patients who have consistent ear problems that affect their hearing.
In addition to this you can expect to
- Administer and interpret a variety of tests such as physiologic and behavioural testing, conventional audiometry (BOA, VRA, CPA), immittance audiometry (acoustic reflex, tone delay, ETD), speech recognition and speech discrimination tests.
- Take ear impressions and makes ear molds.
- Monitor and maintains hearing aid equipment and instruments (lubricates, cleans, flushes and drains equipment, reporting of defective equipment).
- Assist the Chief Technologist by ensuring the smooth and efficient operation and work flow design
Although not essential, an ability to speaking Arabic is highly desirable.
If this role sounds of interest please apply today.