We have a number of vacancies available for Consultants and Senior Consultants.
This is based in a very modern facility in Qatar.
The department is working towards sub-specialty reporting with each Senior Consultant reporting 2-3 specialties whilst participating in the general pathology reporting pool.
We are inviting applications from candidates who are able to participate and support reporting in one or more areas, including but not limited to,
As part of the departmental strategy physicians will also be required to support at least one other specialty in line with the needs of the department.
Each Physician should be able to report frozen sections where needed and participate in quality assurance programs, multi-disciplinary team meetings and various other departmental committees.
Pathology is a very busy department, processing up to 40,000 surgical pathology specimens every year and more than 30,000 cytology (non-gynecological and gynecological) samples per year.
We require the following for this role.
Laboratory Physicians with physician willing to do 100% lab and non-clinical background experience in sub-specialty with years of experience and should be from American/Canadian/British Board
• MBBS and relevant post graduate qualification, either FRCPath, FCAP, FRCPA or equivalent)
• At least 6 years post qualification experience
• Participation in relevant external quality assurance programs or equivalent
• Strong command of spoken and written English.
• Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams and work effectively with others
• Evidence of appropriate teaching experience
• Ability to supervise junior medical staff
• Ability to undertake audit/research within team structure
We have very attractive packages on offer.